COURSES / ESSENTIALS
Note: This is an online course. Course will be conducted on Youtube Livestream.
Tuesdays (3 weeks)
20 Feb – 5 Mar 2024
8pm – 9.30pm
Online: YouTube Livestream (Private)
Essentials are livestream on Youtube for better quality of video and audio. A private link will be sent to your email weekly prior the tutorial. You will still be able to ask questions via the chatbox and the instructor will respond.
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
“Believers! Fasting is enjoined upon you, as it was enjoined upon those before you, that you become God-fearing.”
Fasting is a ritual not unique to ummah of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ but also the communities of the past. The preservation and continuity of this practise lies in the fact that it is most effective in producing taqwa.
The effectiveness of fasting comprises on how holistic and comprehensive the act is. Fasting may be seen as a physical ritual, but more importantly: it is a spiritual endeavour. Fasting purifies the spirit in Ramadhan, and yet there is also the purification of wealth. Fasting, being a personal and intimate act of servitude, is also a ritual that invokes communal and societal responsibility and awareness.
In order for one to successfully attempt fasting and the rituals of Ramadhan, a great deal of information and clarity must be acquired. With the changing of times, new challenges emerge and must be addressed accordingly so as to allow Muslims a better experience in the holy month.
Examples of Questions
• Does inhaling incense smoke invalidate fasting?
• Ruling of tarawih prayers while having unpaid fardhu prayers
• Ruling of sleeping all day in Ramadhan
• Can a person continue eating when he hears the azan of fajr?
• Can a person intend from fasting in Ramadhan, the improvement of health?
• Ruling of paying zakat fitrah on behalf of one’s fiance
• Can a person do qadha’ of tarawih prayers?
Recordings are made available within 1-2 working days from day of the tutorial. Access to recording available for 60 days from the last tutorial of this course. Subsequently, recordings will be processed and edited and uploaded on AQATV app (monthly subscription).
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people with disabilities and those require financial aid.
2. If you need a full concession (no fee), register your type of attendance as concession below and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession*.
3. Payments to be made after registering with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C.
or Scan & Pay via QR code sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Reference ‘Essentials‘ during the transaction.
4. Registrants are required to complete payment of fees within 24 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension*.
5 Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering*.
We currently do not have any debit/credit card payments to minimize processing fees.
*No questions will be asked.
Upon registration, you will receive an automated email with details for bank transfer. Please do so immediately to confirm you registration. If you did not receive the email, do allow 3-5 minutes and check your Spam/Junk folder. You may email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive any email.
If the registration option displays ‘Expired’, please email your registration details (name, contact no. and type of fees) to email@example.com.