COURSES / SEMINARY
LIES ON THE PROPHET ﷺ
‘Ali ibn Rabi’ah said: “I arrived at the Masjid, and Al-Mughirah, The Amir of Al-Kufah said:
“I heard Allah’s Messenger ﷺ saying: “Indeed, a lie upon me is not like a lie upon anyone else, for whoever lies upon me intentionally, then let him be certain of his seat in The Fire.”
– [Sahih Muslim, Muqaddimah]
The narrations collected and attributed to our beloved Prophet Muhammad ﷺ have gone through a long journey, through generations of our Ummah, and have been preserved as promised by Allah ﷻ. However, the process of preserving The Sunnah poses additional challenges, in comparison to the preservation of The Quran.
While The Quran is undisputed concerning its authenticity, it is relatively much easier to fabricate Hadith and to introduce lies upon The Prophet ﷺ. In an attempt to protect The Sunnah from such lies from within and from outside of the Muslim community, the early Muslim scholars, beginning from the era of The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ himself, introduced a discipline dedicated to preserve The Sunnah from misunderstandings, misinterpretations, contaminated thoughts and lies.
The holistic model of Hadith sciences revolve around the protection of The Sunnah, and we have seen how the failure to realize and adhere to the discipline of Hadith has caused grave misinterpretations of the religion, leading to catastrophic consequences.
A return to the disciplined study of Hadith is required, and thus, the true lovers of The Prophet ﷺ are called upon to explore the world of Hadith sciences, so that we can attain the best and most wholesome understanding of The Sunnah of our beloved, Prophet Muhammad ﷺ.
Tuesdays, commences on 14 Sep 2021
7.45pm – 9.30pm
Participants will be able to access recordings of Google Meet for a month from the final tutorial on a shared folder for revision. Subsequently, an edited version will be uploaded on our subscription-based app, AQATV.
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
• There are no prior qualifications required to attend this course.
• Students are required to have access to internet on the day of tutorials.
|Week 1||14.9.21||The Second Revelation: The Significance of Hadith in Religious Studies|
|Week 2||21.9.21||A Brief History of Hadith Compilation, Preservation & Authentication|
|Week 3||28.9.21||Knowing The SOP: The Blueprint of The Hadith Authentication Process|
|Week 4||5.10.21||Current Perspectives & Challenges Towards Hadith Authentication|
Standard: $55 | Concession: $45
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
If the options has ‘Expired’ / ‘Fully-booked’, drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name, contact no. and type of fees (Standard/Concession) for us to include you in the registration.