COURSES / SEMINARY
“If criticism is the effort to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong, then we can say that it began in the life of The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ”
– [Studies in Hadith Methodology and Literature, Dr. Muhammad Mustafa Al-A’zami]
Tuesdays, commences on 23 Nov 2021
7.45pm – 9.30pm
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
The limelight is on Hadith, for being one of the most complex, yet intriguing sciences to delve into. Nevertheless, lovers of The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ dedicate their energy and soul to studying the guidance of The Prophet Muhammad, sieving through narrations to distinguish between the Prophetic gems and the fabrications of those who lie upon The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ for personal gains and various ulterior motives.
With the looming threat of fabrication seeking to dilute a key element of revelation, Scholars of Hadith sought to take inspiration from the noble Companions, to deduce methodologies of authentication as part of measures to eradicate the vice of dishonesty against The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Leading Companions such as ‘Aishah and ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab exemplified such methodologies with their sharp minds and concerned hearts.
Over the course of Islamic history, the sciences of Hadith have evolved to emerge as a realm of rational and critical thought. As skeptics of the science casted doubts upon the validity of the prized Prophetic traditions, Scholars of Hadith promptly responded with precise points of argument, defending the sophisticated science of navigating through narrations.
Discover how critical thinking has been utilized and developed within the Islamic sciences, especially in the study of Hadith, to draw the line between truth and falsehood.
• There are no prior qualifications required to attend this course.
• Students are required to have access to internet on the day of tutorials.
Standard: $55 | Concession: $45
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
If the options has ‘Expired’ / ‘Fully-booked’, drop us an email (email@example.com) with your full name, contact no. and type of fees (Standard/Concession) for us to include you in the registration.