COURSES / MASTERCLASS
MENTAL & SPIRITUAL HEALTH
Abu Sa’id Al-Khudhri and Abu Hurayrah, may Allah’s pleasure be upon them, narrated that they heard Allah’s Messenger ﷺ saying: “Never is a believer struck with discomfort, hardship, illness, grief or even a slight mental worry, except for that his sins are expiated for him.”
– [Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Birr Wa As-Silah Wa Al-Adab]
Sunday, 30 Jan 2021
2pm – 5pm
This course will be conducted online on Google Meet.
Ustaz Taufiq bin Radja Nurul Bahri
The temporal nature of this world is bound to leave us feeling lost and clueless, and when it hits us, we find ourselves in something of an existential crisis.
It is not without reason that this world is referred to as The Dunya, a low place, filled with hardship and challenges. When we seek excellence and happiness here, oftentimes, we find ourselves disappointed with what we get here. We start to doubt ourselves, and question if we are not doing well enough. This world leaves us all stuck in the mire of doubt, uncertainty, and at its very darkest, hopelessness.
The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ was not immune from the trials and tribulations of this world. He was created as a human being, precisely because he ﷺ could understand comprehensively the human experience of feeling and emotion, and translate God’s Revelation to our lived realities. One can even argue that the experience and the struggle of Prophet Muhammad’s ﷺ life was far more intense than what we have encountered in our lives.
The life of The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ shows us how we can live through this worldly stage of life and all of its numerous, arduous challenges, discovering optimism, hope, and ultimately love from God.
Points Of Discussion Include:
• The Prophetic Examples: Studying The Narrations That Teach Us Mental & Spiritual Well-Being
• The Importance of Mental Well-Being in Islam
• The Role of Spirituality in Achieving Peace, Purpose & Meaning
• Mental Health & Spiritual Health: Two Facets Helping Us Achieve Wholesome Well-Being
We are beings of feeling and emotion, and it is only important for us to learn how we should manage our feelings and emotions through the knowledge of who we are and what God wants for us.
This MasterClass, we study the role of mental health and spiritual health in achieving the Prophetic examples of living this life to the fullest, despite the challenges and hardship of this world.
Registrants are required to have access to internet on the day of the course. Registrants will be required to turn off their audio/video visibility. We will be sharing an invitation link to all registrants 1 day prior to the course.
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
Upon registration, you will receive an automated email with details for bank transfer. Please do so immediately to confirm you registration. If you did not receive the email, do allow 3-5 minutes and check your Spam/Junk folder. You may email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive any email.
If the registration option displays ‘Expired’, please email your registration details (name, contact no. and type of fees) to email@example.com.