COURSES / MASTERCLASS
Islamic Perspectives and Guidelines
for Sports and Physical Activities
Note: This MasterClass will be conducted online-only on Youtube (private).
“The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, ‘Everything (that) is not from the remembrance of Allah is idle entertainment or oversight, except for four: walking between the two targets (archery), training one’s horse, entertaining one’s family and learning to swim.’”
– [Al-Tabrani, Hasan]
29 Oct 2023
2pm – 5pm
Private link will provided to on the day of course.
Physical: Centropod @ Changi
80 Changi Road #05-16
*Basement carpark available.
Space is available for Zohor prayers.
Light refreshments, drinks and hard copy notes will be provided.
Ustaz Taufiq bin Radja Nurul Bahri
Health is defined as the quality of life that enables the individual to live optimally and to serve best. Islam endeavours for having good health by following healthy physical activities, avoidance of unhealthy practices and taking a balanced diet.
Islam as a way of life, nurtures every aspect of the human self which includes the spiritual, emotional, intellectual as well as the physical aspects. It is evident in the sunnah of the Prophet ﷺ that not only did he advocate for physical health and well being, but personally partake in sports and physical activities.
While the importance of maintaining general health is understood, Islam also provides detailed guidelines pertaining to the rulings and etiquette relating to sports and physical activities.
- Physical well-being in Islam
- Sports during the time of the Prophet ﷺ
- General objectives and etiquette
- Specific contemporary issues
- Ruling of specific sports such as yoga, combat sports etc
- Sports attires and awrah
- Women issues
- Watching sports
- Electronic sports
- Sports attires and awrah
Meet recordings are made available within 1-2 working days from day of the tutorial. Recordings will be an online-access only for 30 days from the conclusion of this course. Subsequently, recordings will be processed and edited and uploaded on AQATV app (monthly subscription).
1. Concessions are available for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, register your type of attendance and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C.
IMPORTANT: Reference ‘MasterClass‘ during the transaction.
*For overseas registrations / transactions, please email us so that we can share alternative ways you can make payment.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 24 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
Please select your preferred choice of attendance (physical / online) below.
Upon registration, you will receive an automated email with details for bank transfer. Please do so immediately to confirm you registration. If you did not receive the email, do allow 3-5 minutes and check your Spam/Junk folder. You may email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive any email.
If the registration option displays ‘Expired’, please email your registration details (name, contact no. and type of fees) to email@example.com.