COURSES / SEMINARY
THE TAFSIR PROCESS
“And they do not come to you with an example [of an argument against The Quran] except that We bring you The Truth and The Best Explanation.”
– [Surah Al-Furqan, Ayat 33]
Tuesdays, commences on 4 Jan 2022
7.45pm – 9.30pm
Ustaz Taufiq Bin Radja Nurul Bahri
When we say we read or study the Tafsir of The Quran, what does it actually mean? Are we reading The Quran being translated into a language we understand? Or are we actually studying The Quran with further depth and breadth?
The science of Tafsir encompasses more than just the linguistic study of The Quran and the deciphering of its words and sentences to craft a translation that would help non-Arabic readers get a glimpse into God’s Final Revelation. The process that a scholar of Tafsir undergoes to study The Quran in its most comprehensible manner shows us exactly that.
The Quran was revealed to a particular audience, in a specified time and geographical location in human history. This facet of studying The Quran details the importance of the contextual relevance and significance of the unchanged Quranic text that we have access to today. Furthermore, God highlights an individual from amongst mankind to take on the role of being the educator of The Quran to its first audience, that being The Final Messenger of God, Muhammad ﷺ. Now, studying The Final Messenger of God, Muhammad ﷺ, becomes an integral aspect of Tafsir.
These nuances are just a few examples of many that create an entire framework that make up the sciences of The Quran, enabling us to identify the necessary fields of study that will enable us to reach a solid comprehension of The Quran.
This is The Tafsir Process.
Join Ustaz Taufiq to learn more about The Tafsir Process.
• There are no prior qualifications required to attend this course.
• Students are required to have access to internet on the day of tutorials.
Standard: $55 | Concession: $45
1. Concessions are valid for full-time students, NSFs, senior citizens aged above 65, the unwaged, people of disabilities and those require financial aid. If you need a full concession, please register and reply to the registration email that you would like to request for a full concession.
2. Payments (to be made after registering) of any amount may with the following methods:
Bank transfer to DBS digital/current bank account no. 003-954778-1 or PayNow to UEN no. T13LL2451C. Reference ‘Seminary‘ during the transaction.
3. Students are required to complete payment of fees within 48 hours after online registration. Registration will only be confirmed upon completion of payment. Please email us for payment extension.
4. Instalment plan available. You may drop us an e-mail (email@example.com) to request for an instalment payment plan after registering.
5. Each ticket is for per participant. Please do not share the registration with your family/friend.
If the options has ‘Expired’ / ‘Fully-booked’, drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name, contact no. and type of fees (Standard/Concession) for us to include you in the registration.